Here & Now
Here & Now Programs
**Please also subscribe to our email newsletter to find out about future programs and classes.**
Monthly Educational Forum
March 10, 2017: Anne Burleigh Jacobs, PT, PhD - "Fact v. Fiction: Understanding Recovery of Movement After Stroke"
- When: Friday, March 10, 2017, 10:30am (Arrive between 10:00am and 10:30am to enjoy refreshments)
- Location: El Camino Hospital - Mountain View, 2500 Grant Road, Ground Floor, Conference Room A (check the board for updated information)
- Cost: Free
- April 14: "Dealing with Cognitive Deficits and Memory Loss Post-Stroke" with Meagan Littlepage, MD
- May 12: "Learn About Ability Tools and Assistive Technology" with Joe Escalante from Silicon Valley Independent Living Center
- June 9: "Life After Stroke: Getting Back to Work" with Angela Lucero-Perry, CBIS from Services for Brain Injury - Employment Services
Aphasia Communication Groups - Winter 2017 Session
**The Winter Session classes are currently in session.**
PSA is continuing its partnership with the Aphasia Center of California (ACC) to provide 10-week Aphasia Communication Groups.
- Dates: January 26, 2017 - March 30, 2017 (10 weeks plus an additional make-up week)
- Times: Time to be assigned
- Location: Little House Activity Center, 800 Middle Ave, Menlo Park
- Cost: $225 early bird special (if sign up and pay by January 13); $250 after that date
**The PSA Aphasia Communication Groups are made possible in part through a generous grant from the Hurlbut-Johnson Charitable Trusts.
Aphasia Lunch Circle - Meets from 12:00pm-1:00pm weekly on Thursdays
- Upcoming Dates: February 2, 9, 16, 23
- There is no fee for this program.
Special Movie Screening
In honor of National Aphasia Awareness Month in June, PSA was honored to host a screening of the documentary, "Speechless", which portrays the life of three stroke survivors who suffer from aphasia.
Another screening of "Speechless" took place on September 23, 2016, as part of PSA's Post-Stroke Rehabilitation Symposium.
Additionally, there are monthly post-stroke support groups offered at various locations. Please see our Support Groups page. If you prefer viewing the program schedule by month, please see our Calendar of Events.