Annual Stroke Conference
Save the Dates for PSA's Annual Regional Stroke Conference 2017!
Wednesday, May 10, 11:00am - 2:30pm - Millbrae
Thursday, May 18, 8:00am - 5:00pm - Mountain View
Friday, May 19, 8:00am - 12:30pm - Mountain View
Speakers (partial list):
- Shoshana Helman, MD - Kaiser Permanente
- Karen Hirsch, MD - Stanford
- Jenelle Jindal, MD - El Camino Hospital
- Nerrisa Ko, MD - UCSF
- Liz Kim, MSN, ACNS-BC, CCRN, FAHA - Stanford
- Vivek Rao, MD - Kaiser Permanente
- Wade Smith, MD - UCSF Medical Center
- Kathryn Snow, RN, MS, CNS, CNRN - Kaiser Permanente
- Gary Steinberg, MD - Stanford
- David Tong, MD - CPMC
- Nirali Vora, MD - Stanford
Topics (partial list):
- AFib and NOAC's
- Blood Pressure in the ICU - Intervention or Not?
- ICU - Mobility, 24 hour Restriction on Therapy Post-tPA, Anti-Coagulation, and Prevention of Infections
- Latest Breaking News on Stroke Treatments
- Monitoring Depression Post-Stroke
- Palliative Care
- The Role of the NP and APB
- Stem Cell Therapy: Lessons Learned
- Should We Bypass A Primary Stroke Center?
- Stent v. CEA
In recognition of National Stroke Awareness Month in May 2017, the Pacific Stroke Association (PSA) and our co-sponsors will present the 17th Annual Regional Stroke Conference on May 10 at the Magnolia of Millbrae, and on May 18 and 19 at the Microsoft Conference Center in Mountain View. The PSA Annual Regional Stroke Conference is planned to provide the most current information to nursing and other healthcare professionals who treat patients and families in all phases of stroke treatment. The goal is to share best clinical practices that have been developed to optimize patient outcomes at local stroke centers.
CONFERENCE PLANNING COMMITTEE
Frank Brun, MD - Regional Medical Center; Doug Clarke - PSA Board; Gary Curtis - PSA Board; Sherril Hopper, RN, NVRN-BC – El Camino Hospital; Ava Hudson, RN - Regional Medical Center; Jenelle Jindal, MD - El Camino Hospital; Christine Kilkenny, RN – El Camino Hospital; Rezvan Moghaddam – Pacific Stroke Association; Anne O'Donnell, JD – Pacific Stroke Association; Vivek Rao, MD – Kaiser Permanente, Redwood City; Joy Ryan, RN, BSN, CNRN - Stanford; Ursula Kelly-Tolley, RN – Minimally Invasive Surgical Solutions; David Tong, MD – California Pacific Medical Center; Chitra Venkat, MD – Stanford Hospital & Clinics; Scott Wilson - PSA Board