Signs of stroke
Spread the word F.A.S.T. Share the symptoms of stroke with your friends, family members and co-workers.
- Face – Look for an uneven smile
- Arm – Check if one arm is weak
- Speech – Listen for slurred speech
- Time – Call 911 right away
Beyond F.A.S.T. – Other symptoms you should know include:
- Sudden numbness or weakness of the leg
- Sudden confusion or trouble understanding
- Sudden trouble seeing in one or both eyes
- Sudden trouble walking, dizziness, loss of balance or coordination
- Sudden severe headache with no known cause
Any one of these signs could mean a stroke. Call 911 at any sign of stroke.
Tweet the F.A.S.T. message. It's exactly 37 characters long. Use #stroke or #strokesigns.